*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A website will be able to display updated information in a very appealing manner if organized properly. One of the best things about a website is that you may not have to ever edit it again. When looking to make an appealing website, you will benefit by attaching the MySQL database to it. With the MySQL database, you will have the ability to store more information more efficiently. Many websites are made with the HTML language. As a result, you will want to find out how to connect HTML with MySQL whenever you are putting together your website.
How to Connect MySQL Database to HTML Web Page
The first step in connecting MySQL to your html web page is to gather information about the MySQL databse. It will be important to get the server name in order to start completing this process. The host of your web page can provide this for you. It will also be important to get a username and password to access the database name. The last step in this process is to get the right table name with the database that contains the data you are looking for.
Use a Compatible Programming Language such as PHP
Another step that you need to take when looking for a way on how to connect MySQL database to HTML web page is to use the programming language PHP.
- The first step in this process is to connect the MySQL database. You will need your MySQL server address, username, password and database name. It will be necessary to create a file name with a PHP prefix.
- You will then need to open and close the PHP code with tags before HTML.
- Then you will need to open the file browser and see nothing apart from the title tag.
- The next step is to perform a database query which is performed in the body of the html page. You will need to specify a read of all fields from the table and use the table name.
- After these two steps, you will then need to put the data on the page.
- It will then be necessary to close off the connection by opening and closing the PHP tags after closing the html tag. This will also include closing the database connection when querying is done.
Insert the Code where Data Is Displayed
Website owners who are looking to find out how to connect MySQL database to HTML web page will also need to insert the programming language code where the data is displayed. The code will allow you to create a connection to the database server by logging into it. Substituting the terms of the server name, username, password, database name and the table name will be necessary. During this process, you will retain quotes shown from the code and edit headings and field names to match the database.
When looking to connect the MySQL database to HTML, it will be necessary to customize the code. During this process, you will need to type in code such as $result=mysql_query(?select * from TABLENAME?). With this statement, you will direct the program to select every field from the table and give you complete access to the information.
Publish the Page to Your Website
The final step in this process is to publish the page to your website. You will want to upload the new website page with a temporary file name. This will allow you to test the site before it is available to the public.
In order to make your website more appealing and organized, it will be important to connect MySQL to HTML. By connecting the database to HTML, you will have the ability to more easily access important information. In order to make your site connected to the database, you will need to follow a few steps. These include gather information about the MySQL database, use the HTML language, insert code, customize the code and publish the site. By following these steps, you will be able to connect MySQL to HTML and make your website more appealing and efficient.